PSD Professional Scrum Developer
Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) is a 3-day course where you will gain experience creating high-quality software using Scrum with Agile practices. Working in a series of Sprints, teams of students will collaborate, apply modern engineering practices and use the Scrum framework to cope with change and deliver Increments of working software.
The professional Scrum Developer Course is an immersive 3 day training experience where you will gain knowledge in how the application of modern engineering practices in Scrum supports a team in creating releasable Increments of software. You will experience challenges and issues you would find in real-world situations and by continuously improving during Sprint Cycles, you will learn to handle and overcome these challenges.
Throughout this course, collaborating with other students you will participate in a series of Sprints to apply modern engineering practices and use the Scrum Framework to cope with changes. We will focus on learning how to develop and deliver Increments of potentially releasable functionality from a Product Backlog.
The PSD Course is available with specific content and exercises for .NET and Java Development and can be tailored for other technology stacks. The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft and is the official training solution for Microsoft visual studio.
The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft® and is the official training solution for Microsoft Visual Studio.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
This course will cover
- The Scrum Framework
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Working from the Product Backlog
- Agile Testing
- Emergent Architecture
- Quality Code
- Scrum Challenges
Students are challenged to implement and apply modern engineering standards and technical excellence within Scrum. They take home an increased understanding of how to collaborate better as a team.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their cohesion
- Students will learn what engineering practices to adopt to increase the effectiveness of Scrum
- Students leave the class with a handful of tips to identify common impediments and dysfunctions
- Students can be more effective in a Scrum Development Team
- Have Studied the Scrum Guide
You will make the most of this course if you have:
- Have passed the Scrum Developer Open Assessment
- Have read the Professional Scrum Development glossary
- Have passed the Scrum Open Assessment
- Have experience with the technologies taught in the class such as Java or .Net
Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Developer course has the Professional Scrum Developer level I (PSD I) as its associated credential. All participants completing the Professional Scrum Developer course receive a password to take the PSD I assessment.
This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSD I credential.
If you need more information, check out following options:
- Check out the PSD course description on the Scrum.org website
- View the Professional Scrum Developer subject areas for a taste of the course content